In our CashCrate review, we’ll discuss how the need for proper vetting gave rise to referral programs like CashCrate, which offer legitimate earning opportunities in one place.
The way CashCrate works, you can sign up and start earning money on the side through several online paid opportunities that exist on other websites. These opportunities are broken down into four major categories:
- Taking paid surveys
- Side hustles
- Shopping discounts
While such survey sites can be a breeding ground for potential scams like information phishing, it’s up to you to properly vet a website or paid survey site before entering your information in their systems. That’s where CashCrate comes in.
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
What is CashCrate?
CashCrate LLC is a GPT website (Get-Paid-To) reward site that provides a central platform for legitimate earning opportunities online. GPT websites generally earn money through commissions every time someone clicks on their affiliate links to another legit site.
Founded and started in 2006, CashCrate was one of the first GPT websites. Patrick Chochesy, CashCrates’ CEO, is a strong believer in providing good and legitimate opportunities in a world of scams.
With over 10 million members worldwide, CashCrate is one of the largest platforms of its kind. In April 2019, CashCrate completely overhauled its website to make it more streamlined and user-friendly.
How Does CashCrate Help?
With proper vetting, the CashCrate online platform only offers opportunities that are absolutely legitimate and pay well. This ensures that none of the websites or survey providers CashCrate redirects you to are harmful in any way.
CashCrate provides people the opportunities to make a little extra money, and market research companies the means to conduct surveys in a convenient manner. CashCrate also acts as a marketing gateway to a lot of other sites and companies that can use the temporary services of people to expand their businesses.
Joining CashCrate has always been easy. But after their complete website overhaul, it has become one of the most attractive and user-friendly GPT sites on the internet.
With color-coded opportunities and a clear and concise website layout, any user can quickly get the hang of it.
CashCrate has four major earning systems and each has its own separate providers.
After successful registration, CashCrate members will get a $1 dollar bonus and a 50 cent extra reward if you complete the profile survey. The profile survey questions are meant to obtain some additional personal details. This will qualify you for surveys according to your profile, personal information, and interests.
When you click on the paid surveys tab, you will get an entire list of potential paid survey providers.
CashCrate vets all of these providers. You have CashCrate’s personal guarantee with these survey providers. This means that if anything goes wrong, CashCrate would be equally liable and responsible.
Once you decide to go with any of the options, it will redirect you to that paid survey site, and you’ll more than likely have to make an account. While you will be paid for using CashCrate to get to that paid survey site, you’ll actually receive your payment from that survey site.
Normally, surveys take around two to thirty minutes to complete. The more complicated and long the survey, the greater the amount of money. Survey questions generally pay around $0.25 to $2.50.
It is important to note that you may not qualify for every survey. Since these surveys are technically for market research, there are some research parameters that they have to adhere to. If you do not qualify, you won’t be able to take the survey.
Side Hustles are a relatively new concept in this industry. Basically, side hustles are basically extra streams of revenue that don’t constitute as a second job. Take the example of Uber, you only work when you want to.
You’ll be referred to companies that offer payment for performing tasks. At the time of this update, there were four side hustle opportunities:
- Sittercity: A location-based listing service that pairs child carers with parents
- Mechanical Turk: Amazon’s human intelligence platform that pays pennies for people to complete tasks. These are normally simple tasks that computers cannot replicate.
- Rover: A location-based pet care service
- Doordash: Food delivery service
In essence, CashCrate provides a plethora of third-party earning opportunities that you may have not heard of otherwise. But in all likelihood, you’ve probably heard of them, or they’re completely irrelevant to you.
The rewards program category basically consists of different kinds of simple tasks that you have to complete to earn money. Here is a partial list of these tasks:
- Engaging with advertisers
- Testing new products and applications
- Watching videos
- Playing online video games
These tasks are relatively harder to find and qualify for but tend to be very high-paying tasks. They might take too much time to be worthwhile.
Once you start doing these tasks, the chance of you getting more of assignments increases. If you have enough time, it might be a good way to pocket some real money. But for your first time, start at the low end and work your way up.
One of the most unique options available on a GPT site is the referral opportunities to cashback portals. Cashback portals offer ways to earn cashback shopping opportunities for every day online shopping. In other words, you might get free coupons, discounts, and rebates on things you were already planning to buy.
These help you avoid paying the full price for any product the offer applies to.
This is a marketing/sales strategy that is used by growing companies or companies that are expanding target markets, or offering new and unique products. For the user, you may just find a discount on a product you’ve been meaning to buy!
- Low Age Limit: CashCrate has one of the lowest age limits in the market at just 14 years. This provides companies an opportunity to target teens for their surveys since they are more likely to complete a survey if incentives are involved.
- Paid Check-Ins: One of the best features of CashCrate is that you don’t need to complete an offer or survey to earn money. Just clicking on a site and successfully redirecting to it instantly gives you 3 cents!
- Referral System: Like most GPT sites, CashCrate also has a referral system – but CashCrate has one of the most rewarding referral systems in the industry. Your direct referrals earn you 20% of all their earnings and 10% of all the earnings that come from your referral’s referrals. Furthermore, there are 5 levels of referrals – Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Elite. Each of these levels provides certain rewards which increase exponentially as you surpass each level.
Signing up with CashCrate
At the time of this writing, it appears that CashCrate has shut down its registration process. In other words, there doesn’t appear to be a reliable way to establish a CashCrate membership or log into an account.
There is no contact information for customer service, and it appears that CashCrates’ social media accounts have been inactive for several years. There’s no mailing address, and there’s no way to provide customer feedback.
How registration used to work with CashCrate
Below is the registration process as it used to appear in the original CashCrate review.
Registering on CashCrate is pretty easy and straightforward and takes 10 minutes at max:
- Open the CashCrate website on your mobile phone or computer.
- Click on the sign-up button.
- Enter your email and password and click the ‘Join Now’ option. You can also log in from your Facebook account.
- You will be prompted to a short survey that will ask request personal and financial information to develop a profile of you.
- After you’re done, you’re good to go!
Note: Keep in mind that currently, CashCrate isn’t accepting new members. The CashCrate team is currently working on upgrading its capabilities. But it doesn’t appear that it has done so recently.
Who is CashCrate for?
In simple terms, CashCrate is for people looking to make some extra money without too much effort. On the other hand, it’s for companies looking for an easy way to conduct research studies and surveys.
It can be hard to find the right earning source online. CashCrate solves this problem by providing a centralized platform so people can find earning opportunities without having to worry about any risk or potential dangers.
Is CashCrate legit?
CashCrate USED to appear to be in capable hands. A long time ago, it used to regularly receive positive reviews from CashCrate members. CashCrate received good reviews because it was a reliable way to vet online survey panels and provided an overall positive consumer experience. However, there are negative CashCrate reviews from people that have either had a bad experience or are encountering trouble getting around it.
Although, the bad CashCrate reviews are mostly the result of the site that people are redirected to. But since CashCrate redirects them there, they suffer the consequences of any bad experience on external sites.
Overall, the average rating for CashCrate on Trustpilot used to be 4/5. Now it’s 2/5.
Recently, CashCrate received a lot of bad press because of a data breech in 2017. From there, the website appears to have steadily gone downhill. And this led to a steady stream of negative Cash Crate reviews.
Advantages of CashCrate
Below are all things that used to be Cashcrate’s strengths. Now, it’s free to click the affiliate links, but the other advantages probably no longer apply.
- Global Availability: Most survey sites are limited to the United States mostly because of survey limitations. Since CashCrate offers redirect to third-party survey providers, they offer options specific to your locality so there is a higher chance of qualifying for surveys.
- Free to Use: CashCrate is 100% free in every regard. There is no fee for signing up or completing offers and surveys.
- Straightforward: CashCrate is extremely easy to use and it is relatively easier to earn money on the site as compared to others in the industry. This is mostly due to the vast number of options and opportunities available.
- Lucrative Referral Program: CashCrate has one of the best referral systems in the industry. It provides one of the highest payouts from referrals because you get 20% of the earnings of your direct referrals and 10% of the earnings of the referrals that your referral gets.
Disadvantages of CashCrate
Our CashCrate review wouldn’t be complete without pointing out a few of its downsides.
- High Minimum Withdrawal Limit: CashCrate has a minimum withdrawal limit of $20 dollars, which is a relatively high payment wall compared to other GPT sites.
- Potential Disqualifications: Since every provider is properly vetted, the surveys that are usually available tend to have very strict requirements which can lead to continuous disqualifications.
- Spam: Most GPT sites tend to spam phone calls and email accounts and CashCrate is no different. It’s best to provide a throw-away email address and phone number when registering.
- 90 – Day Activity Limit: If you’re inactive for more than 90 consecutive days, your account will be terminated. So log in every once in a while!
Is CashCrate worth your time?
After the revamping of their site, CashCrate has become one of the most easy-to-use and understand sites in the industry. With rewards that usually outshine others in the industry, CashCrate used to provide a better option to earn a little cash on the side.
But to make this an honest review, it appears that the website was abandoned a few years ago, and there is minimal maintenance, other than ensuring that affiliate links keep working.