SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Are you looking to earn some money in your spare time? You can do just that by answering a few paid online surveys each day. Each survey can earn you points for prizes, gift cards, and more.
Our Harris Poll Online review will introduce you to one of the oldest survey websites around.
What is Harris Poll Online?
Harris Poll Online is a market research firm owned by Harris Interactive. Started 56 years ago they first focused on telephone surveys and focus groups, but now offer a number of online surveys as well.
They mostly target the United States and Canadian market, but you don’t have to be from these countries to sign up for a Harris panel.
Is Harris Poll Online legitimate?
Harris Poll Online is not a scam, which is good because no one wants to spend time completing surveys and not receive reward points. You want to work with a reputable business that will pay you for your hard work. You can have peace of mind knowing that Harris Poll Online is a part of many prestigious organizations.
- National Council of Public Polls
- The Council of American Survey Research Organizations
- The Council for Marketing and Opinion Research
- The European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research
Read their user reviews
Let’s look at two reviews from the site, Paid Survey Update.
The first user, Anny, claims that their account was deactivated before they got to spend their points. The next review from Joan is the complete opposite. He received constant new surveys and gave Harris Poll Online a 5/5 rating.
Most survey websites have a mix of reviews just like this. When you see mixed messages like this, it’s a good idea to see what the Better Business Bureau thinks of them.
Better Business Bureau review
A quick check shows they have an A rating, but several complaints as well.
How do you join Harris Poll Online
Joining Harris Poll Online is really straightforward.
- Head over to the homepage for Harris Poll and sign up through the form
- Once completed, check your inbox for an email to confirm your registration
- Sign up for your first survey and start earning!
Registering is easy, but there is one thing you need to know; they are not always open to registration. When they have a lot of users, they temporarily close until there is space. If you can’t sign up, just check back in a few weeks.
You’ll receive an email to verify your account.
Questionnaire for signing up to Harris Poll
Harris Poll Online has a questionnaire to get to know you better. This helps them provide you only the most relevant surveys to make it more enjoyable.
The progress bar is a nice touch, as well. It keeps you on track and aware of how much more you have to go.
The mobile app from Harris Panel
Harris Poll also has a mobile app. It’s available on both the Google Play Store and iTunes, yet surprisingly doesn’t allow you to complete surveys.
Whether you use the desktop or mobile version, Harris Poll will email you when surveys are available. Click the link they provide, answer the questions, and you’ll be given a set amount of points. It’s as simple as that.
HIpoints and rewards system
Harris Poll has a variety of rewards to choose from and you can purchase them with the HIpoints you earn taking surveys. One downside is that they do not offer cash via PayPal.
Gift cards from Amazon, iTunes and more
If you’re looking for gift cards, merchandise, and sweepstakes, you’re in the right place! You can cash out on the following gift cards:
Prizes and merchandise from Harris Poll Online
One unique reward that you can get from Harris Poll Online is merchandise, like magazine subscriptions and air miles. It takes 1250 points to exchange for a reward and you’re automatically enrolled in a sweepstake for being an active member.
The best part? Even if you get disqualified from a survey, you still are entered.
How much time does a Harris Poll survey take?
You can expect a survey to take 5 to 25 minutes. You’ll receive 3-5 on average per week. This means that you’re looking at a 25 minute to 2-hours every week. This makes Harris Poll Online a nice survey website to add to your rotation.
Unfortunately, rewards take a fair amount of time to arrive; up to 15 business days to be exact. Harris Poll will send your email address notification. HIpoints appear within a few minutes. Physical merchandise, like magazines, ship via UPS and arrive within 7 to 14 business days.
Pros of Harris Poll
- Sweepstakes and merchandise rewards: Every two months Harris Poll Online holds a sweepstake that award winners $10,000.
- Surveys are quick and consistent: Have you ever logged onto a survey site and you never see any surveys to complete? Say goodbye to that. You’ll have consistent surveys to answer on a weekly basis.
- Simple UI: The UI is easy on the eyes, there are only a few key pages, and nothing distracts you. Many survey sites can be overwhelming with too many elements.
Cons of Harris Poll
- No cash payments: Most people like to use survey sites to earn some cash on the side. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to with Harris Poll Online. Their rewards are only gift cards and merchandise.
- Limited customer support: One common complaint that we’ve seen is their lack of customer support. They have an FAQ page that will answer most of your questions, such as changing passwords, and other general questions.
- Account suspensions: Some reviews online claim that accounts have been getting banned at random.
- Rewards aren’t instant: Hey, you shouldn’t complain about getting cool stuff for a little effort, but it needs to be mentioned.
Wrapping up our Harris Poll Online Review
Harris Poll Online isn’t the best survey website for earning a cash reward, but if you’re interested in gift cards, sweepstakes, and merchandise — sign up! You will receive a small, but consistent flow of surveys.
Their surveys are quick and easy, so you won’t be stuck on their website bored out of your mind. And, who can complain about being entered into a $10,000 sweepstakes? Just ensure that you remain relatively active to qualify.
Overall, the take away from our Harris Poll Online review is that they are okay. Not bad, but not great.