Harris Poll Online Review – Is It Worth Your Time? (Updated 2019)
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Are you looking for a way to generate rewards during your spare time? Then paid survey sites might be what you’re looking for. Answering a few quick questions can earn you points for prizes, gift cards, and more. Our Harris Poll Online review will introduce you to one of the oldest survey websites around.
Keep reading if you want to learn about its pros, cons, how to get started, and if the rewards are worth your time.
What is Harris Poll Online?
Harris Poll Online is a market research firm owned by Harris Interactive that’s been operating for the last 56 years. When they started they focused on telephone based surveys and focus groups, but now offer a number of online surveys as well.
They mostly target the United States and Canadian market, but you don’t have to be from these countries to sign up for a Harris panel.
Unlike other survey sites, some of your answers might be published by international news outlets. Not only will you make a couple bucks, but you get bragging rights, too.
Is Harris Poll Online legitimate?
Harris Poll Online is not a scam, which is good because no one wants to spend time completing surveys and then not receive rewards. Looking into a company’s background is always a good idea. You want to work with a reputable business that will pay you for your hard work.
How to make sure Harris Poll Online is not a scam
You can have peace of mind knowing that Harris Poll Online is a part of many prestigious organizations. These include:
- National Council of Public Polls
- The Council of American Survey Research Organizations
- The Council for Marketing and Opinion Research
- The European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research
These are not easy to get into. Being included in these councils means that you have to apply, pay annual fees, be accepted, and uphold the rules. Many survey sites don’t do this, but it’s one of the ways Harris Poll stands out in the sea of competitors.
Let’s look at two reviews from the site, Paid Survey Update.
The first user, Anny, claims that their account was deactivated before they got to spend their points. We’d have to get more background information, like if they were inactive and that was the reason. None the less, it’s good to be aware of these experiences.
The next review from Joan is the complete opposite. He received constant new surveys and gave Harris Poll Online a 5/5 rating.
Better Business Bureau review
Most survey websites have a mix of reviews just like this. When you see mixed messages like this, it’s a good idea to see what the Better Business Bureau thinks of them.
A quick check shows they have an A rating, but several complaints as well.
How do you join Harris Poll Online
Joining Harris Poll Online is really straightforward.
- Step 1: Head over to the homepage for Harris Poll and sign up through the form
- Step 2: Once completed, check your inbox for an email to confirm your registration
- Step 3: Sign up for your first survey and start earning!
Registering is quick and easy, but there is one thing you need to know: they are not always open to registration. When they have an abundance of users, they will temporarily close it until there is space. If you can’t sign up, periodically tune back in until it’s open.
Quick Tip: If you plan on signing up for multiple surveys you should think about setting up a separate email address. It’s a quick way to optimize the survey process a little by cutting down on inbox clutter.
You’ll receive an email afterwards to verify your account. Click “Confirm your enrollment” and you’ll be ready to take some surveys.
Questionnaire for signing up to Harris Poll
Harris Poll Online gives you an introductory questionnaire to get to know you better. This helps them provide you only the most relevant surveys to make it more enjoyable.
The progress bar is a nice touch, as well. It keeps you on track and aware of how much more you have to go. You won’t be sitting there wondering how much time it’s going to take. That can be seriously demotivating.
Mobile app from Harris Panel
Harris Poll also has a mobile app you should download. It’s available on both the Google Play Store and iTunes, yet surprisingly doesn’t allow you to complete surveys.
It simply allows you to exchange rewards and keep up to date on your account stats.
Whether you use the desktop or mobile version, Harris Poll will email you when surveys are available. Click the link they provide, answer the questions, and you’ll be given a set amount of points. It’s as simple as that.
One critique we do have is that it’s easy to miss out on opportunities if you aren’t constantly checking your email.
HIpoints and rewards system
Harris Poll has a variety of rewards to choose from and you can purchase them with the HIpoints you earn taking surveys. One downside is that they do not offer a cash reward. If you’re looking to earn money, we’re sorry to say this isn’t the platform.
Gift cards from Amazon, iTunes and more
But, if you’re looking for gift cards, merchandise, and sweepstakes, you’re in the right place! You can cash out on the following gift cards:
Prizes and merchandise from Harris Poll Online
One unique reward that you can get from Harris Poll Online is merchandise, like magazine subscriptions and air miles.
Imagine that. You take some surveys in your downtime, and next you know it, you’re flying to your favorite vacation spot. Or even something simpler — you get to enjoy your favorite magazines.
It takes 1250 points to exchange for a reward and you’re automatically enrolled in a sweepstakes for being an active member.
The best part? Even if you get disqualified from a survey, you still are entered.
How much time does a Harris Poll survey take?
You can expect a survey to take 5 to 25 minutes and you’ll receive 3 to 5 on average per week at the most. This means that you’re looking at a 25 minute to 2 hour commitment every week. This makes Harris Poll Online a nice supplementary survey website to add to your rotation.
Unfortunately, rewards take a fair amount of time to arrive; up to 15 business days to be exact. Harris Poll will send you an email notification and HIpoints appear within a few minutes. Physical merchandise, like magazines, ship via UPS and arrive within 7 to 14 business days.
This is considerably longer than other survey sites, like Ipsos iSay. Don’t worry, though. They cover all of the shipping and handling.
Pros of Harris Poll
No platform is perfect, and Harris Poll Online is no exception. These are some of the main pros and cons of their website. Use them to decide if it makes sense to sign up based on your individual needs.
- Sweepstakes and merchandise rewards: Every two months, Harris Poll Online holds a sweepstakes that gives the winner $10,000. That’s life changing money. You’re entered automatically for being an active user on the site. Their unique air miles and magazine subscriptions rewards are another reason to choose them.
- Surveys are quick and consistent: Have you ever logged onto a survey site and you never see any surveys to complete? Say goodbye to that. You’ll have consistent surveys to answer on a weekly basis.
- Simple UI: Being able to easily navigate a website is important, right? You want to be able to find everything important within a few seconds. The UI is easy on the eyes, there are only a few key pages, and nothing distracts you. Many survey sites can be overwhelming with too many elements.
Cons of Harris Poll
- No cash payments: Most people like to use survey sites to earn some cash on the side. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to with Harris Poll Online. Their rewards only consistent of gift cards and merchandise. Some users get around this by selling gift cards on websites like Reddit and other marketplaces.
- Limited customer support: One common complaint that we’ve seen is their lack of customer support. They have a FAQ page that will answer most of your questions, such as changing passwords, and other general question. There is also a contact form you can use, but some users have experienced slow response times. If you value quick response times, this may be a dealbreaker for you.
- Account suspensions: Some reviews online claim that accounts have been getting banned at random. These need to be taken lightly though, as inactivity, constant disqualifications, and similar behavior can result in accounts being deactivated.
- Rewards aren’t instant: Hey, you shouldn’t complain for getting cool stuff for a little effort, but it needs to be mentioned. Rewards take a long time to be received.
Wrapping up our Harris Poll Online review
Harris Poll Online isn’t the best survey website for earning a cash reward, but if you’re interested in gift cards, sweepstakes, and merchandise — sign up! You will receive a small, but consistent flow of surveys.
Because of this, it’s a good website to check in on occasion while you work on your other side hustles. As we mentioned earlier, registration isn’t always open, so check in every now and then.
Their surveys are quick and easy, so you won’t be stuck on their website bored out of your mind. And, who can complain about being entered into a $10,000 sweepstakes? Just ensure that you remain relatively active to qualify.
Overall, the take away from our Harris Poll Online review is that they are okay. Not bad, but not great.
We suggest using them to complete surveys in your downtime between more active survey sites.