SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Are you looking for legit ways to earn some money in your spare time? You can do just that by answering a few paid online surveys each day. Each survey can earn you points for prizes, gift cards, and more.
Our Harris Poll Online review will introduce you to one of the oldest survey websites around.
What is Harris Poll Online?
Harris Poll Online used to be part of the online division of Harris Interactive, a global market research company. Recently, it’s been rebranded simply as Harris Poll Online.
Created in 1963 in Rochester, New York by Louis Harris, the Harris Poll has been around for a long time. Although the company’s ownership has changed numerous times, the company’s reputation for data gathering has only grown over the years.
At first, Harris Poll focused on telephone surveys and focus groups. Since the advent of the internet, Harris Poll’s online platform has collected a lot of information through a number of online surveys as well as through traditional methods.
Harris Poll mostly targets the United States and Canadian markets. But you don’t have to be an American citizen to participate in Harris Poll online surveys.
Is Harris Poll Online legit?
Harris Poll Online is not a scam, but a legit company. No one wants to spend their free time completing surveys and not receive reward points. You want to work with a reputable business that will pay you for your hard work.
You can have peace of mind knowing that Harris Poll Online is a member of the National Council of Public Polls, as well as the following prestigious organizations:
- The Council of American Survey Research Organizations
- The Council for Marketing and Opinion Research
- The European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research
Read their user reviews
Let’s look at two reviews from the site, Paid Survey Update.
The first user, Anny, claims that their account was deactivated before they got to spend their points. The next review from Joan is the complete opposite. He constantly received new survey invitations and gave Harris Poll Online a 5/5 rating.
Most survey websites have a mix of reviews just like this. When you see mixed messages like this, it’s a good idea to see what the Better Business Bureau thinks of them.
Harris Poll online does have an A rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website). A quick check shows they have an A rating, but several complaints as well.
How do you join Harris Poll Online?
Joining Harris Poll Online is really straightforward.
- Head over to the homepage for Harris Poll and sign up through the form. You’ll include information like your name, email address, gender, and birth date.
- Once completed, check your inbox for an email to confirm your registration
- Sign up for your first survey and start earning!
Registering is easy, but there is one thing you need to know; they are not always open to registration. When they have a lot of users, they temporarily close until there is space. If you can’t sign up, just check back in a few weeks.
You’ll receive an email to verify your account.
Harris Poll Online has a questionnaire to get to know you better. This helps them provide you only the most relevant surveys to make it more enjoyable.
The progress bar is a nice touch, as well. It keeps you on track and aware of how much more you have to go.
Mobile app from Harris Panel
Harris Poll also has a mobile app. It’s available on both the Google Play Store and iTunes, yet surprisingly doesn’t allow you to complete surveys.
Whether you use the desktop or mobile version, Harris Poll will email you when surveys are available. Click the link they provide, answer the questions, and you’ll be given a set amount of points. It’s as simple as that.
Harris Poll has a variety of rewards to choose from and you can purchase them with the HIpoints you earn taking surveys.
What are HIpoints?
The HIpoints system is simple. For each completed survey, you’ll receive a pre-determined amount of points, known as HIpoints. When you have earned enough points, you can exchange them for gift cards, prizes, or merchandise.
One downside is that they do not offer cash via PayPal.
However, if you’re looking for gift cards, merchandise, and sweepstakes, you’re in the right place! You can cash out on the following e-gift cards:
Prizes and merchandise from Harris Poll Online
One unique reward that you can get from Harris Poll Online is merchandise, like magazine subscriptions and air miles.
It takes 1250 HIpoints to exchange for a reward and you’re automatically enrolled in a quarterly sweepstakes, just for being an active member of Harris Poll Online.
The best part about earning HIpoints? Even if you get disqualified from a survey, you still are entered.
How much time does a Harris Poll survey take?
You can expect short surveys to take as little as 5 minutes, while longer ones might take up to 25 or 30 minutes. You’ll receive 3-5 new survey opportunities on average per week.
This means that you’re looking at a 25 minute to 2 hours every week. This makes Harris Poll Online a nice survey website to add to your rotation.
Unfortunately, rewards take a fair amount of time to arrive; up to 15 business days to be exact. Harris Poll will send you an email notification.
HIpoints usually appear within a few minutes, but the website says it can take up to 24 hours for your account to update. Physical merchandise, like magazines, ship via UPS and arrive within 7 to 14 business days.
Pros and Cons
- Sweepstakes and merchandise rewards: Every two months Harris Poll Online holds a sweepstake that award winners $10,000.
- Surveys are quick and consistent: Have you ever logged onto a survey site and not seen any surveys to complete? With Harris Poll, you’ll consistently receive a new survey to complete
- Simple to navigate: The user interface is easy on the eyes, there are only a few key pages, and nothing distracts you. Many online survey sites can be overwhelming with too many elements.
- No cash payments: Most people like to use survey sites to earn some cash on the side. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to earn cash rewards with Harris Poll Online. Their free rewards are primarily electronic gift cards and merchandise.
- Limited customer support: One common complaint that we’ve seen is their lack of customer support. They have an FAQ page that will answer most of your questions, such as changing passwords, and other general questions.
- Account suspensions: Some reviews online claim that accounts have been getting banned at random.
- Rewards aren’t instant: Hey, you shouldn’t complain about getting cool stuff for a little effort, but it needs to be mentioned.
- Limited earning potential: You’re not going to earn a whole lot of extra cash here. And when your primary income is in the form of gift certificates, it certainly won’t result in much money.
Wrapping up our Harris Poll Online Review
Harris Poll Online isn’t one of the best survey websites for earning a cash reward, but if you’re interested in gift cards, sweepstakes, and merchandise — sign up! You will receive a small, but consistent flow of new surveys to complete.
Their online surveys are quick and easy, so you won’t be stuck on their website bored out of your mind. And, who can complain about being entered into a $10,000 sweepstakes? Just ensure that you remain relatively active to qualify.
Overall, the take away from our Harris Poll Online review is that they’re not a complete waste of time, if you’re looking for a secondary website. But other survey companies, like Swagbucks and Survey Junkie might be better primary options for online surveys.