Opinion Outpost Review: A Legit Source for Extra Money (Updated 2019)
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
In today’s data-driven world, businesses are willing to pay a fortune for customer feedback. Yet, so many of us go about our days without even realizing that our opinions are all worth something.
The need to acquire data swiftly via the internet has given birth to a myriad of online platforms for paid surveys, which reward participants with cash and/or redeemable gift vouchers.
All things aside, our Opinion Outpost review found this panel to be one you can most definitely trust. It offers a quick and easy way of winning cash and gift vouchers by taking part in trustworthy and relevant surveys.
And the best part? Registration is free!
How Does Opinion Outpost Help?
Who doesn’t want to earn some extra money from the comfort of their home?
With Opinion Outpost, you can easily participate in surveys and start earning money and exciting gift vouchers right away.
Unlike some other online paid survey platforms, you don’t have to pay a subscription fee to participate in surveys.
Furthermore, Opinion Outpost, after analyzing your personal details, finds the most relevant surveys that you’ll actually enjoy taking part in.
This makes Opinion Outpost a useful platform for researchers, marketers, brand managers, and business owners who take advantage of the true and relevant consumer feedback received through it.
What is Opinion Outpost?
Opinion Outpost lets users share their two-cents on a number of areas, including electronics, medicine, advertisements, and politics, to name a few. Businesses, in turn, use this information for their research.
Survey Sampling International (SSI) owns Opinion Outpost, which is a company based in the United States that facilitates B2B and B2C researches.
Having been in the online survey industry for more than 10 years, Opinion Outpost boasts a reputation for providing trustworthy surveys, good customer service, and some of the best incentives to its members.
The panel has a minimum age limit of 18 and carefully monitors all accounts for fake information.
Every day, thousands of people take advantage of Opinion Outpost.
Start Using Opinion Outpost
The user-friendly and simple interface of Opinion Outpost’s website makes it easy for everyone to take advantage of, regardless of how tech/internet-savvy they are.
In order to register, you have to go through a series of steps. This includes providing a few details and then filling out a detailed survey with more personal information like your race, ethnicity, income, etc.
After reviewing Opinion Outpost’s quick, simple, and free registration process, you can start sharing your opinions via surveys on various products and services.
You can take as many surveys as you like (you are shown only those surveys which you qualify for) and at your own pace.
Opinion Outpost has a simple yet highly effective point system in place. It rewards you with a certain score called “Opinion Points” for filling out the surveys available to you.
On Opinion Outpost, 1 point is equal to 10 cents, and the amount you earn depends entirely on how much effort you are willing to put in. Before you take a survey, you will be notified of the amount you will earn and how many minutes it will take you to complete it.
Members can redeem their points and start enjoying rewards in a number of ways:
- Cash – You can redeem your points for cash via the PayPal redemption method. If you choose to go with this option, you will need to have at least $10 or 100 points in order to cash out.
- Amazon Gift Card Claim Codes – Although Amazon.com is not a sponsor of Opinion Outpost (as mentioned on the website), members can exchange their points for the Amazon.com Gift Card Claim Codes. A minimum of 50 points (worth $5) is required.
- App Store & iTunes Gift Card – Apple users, rejoice! You can redeem your accumulated Opinion Points for the App Store & iTunes Gift Card, which they can then use to access songs, apps, books, and more. All you need is a minimum of 50 opinion points or $5 to get started.
- Donations – Users also have the option of donating their points to the American Red Cross.
The points expire after 3 months of inactivity. To prevent this from happening, make sure to take at least one survey.
Besides the standard redeemable opinion points, Opinion Outpost also gives its members entries for its quarterly sweepstakes every time they complete a survey.
Opinion Outpost gives away $10,000 to a lucky winner on a quarterly basis, meaning that every year it gives away a total of $40,000 in just prize money!
To participate in the prize draw, members must meet the age criteria, participate in surveys, and meet other Prize Draw Terms.
- Refer-a-Friend Program: Opinion Outpost has a remarkable referral program that allows members to invite their friends to join the panel and take part in surveys. Every time someone uses your custom referral link to register and complete a survey, you get $1 as a reward. This program lets you earn up to $5.
- Transparency of Surveys: Another great thing about Opinion Outpost is that it is very transparent with its surveys. As mentioned above, prior to taking a survey, users can see exactly how many points they’ll receive and how long it would take to complete it. This makes it easier for users to decide if completing a certain survey is worth the effort or just a waste of time.
Signing Up with Opinion Outpost
It’s very easy to sign up for Opinion Outpost. You can start reaping the benefits online surveys have to offer after going through these two phases:
- Open Opinion Outpost’s website, either on your phone or on a laptop/desktop.
- At the very top, you will see the sign-up form (as shown in the screenshot above).
- Click the “Join For Free!” button.
- You can also sign up via your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts.
- Go to the inbox of the email address you provided and open the email received by Opinion Outpost.
- Click on the “CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL” button.
- You will be directed to a page asking your date of birth, country of residence, and language. Provide the information and click “NEXT.”
- A survey form will pop up, which will include some personal questions like your income, race, and ethnicity, among other things. Be sure to provide accurate information.
- Start taking surveys and enjoying your rewards!
As discussed earlier, Opinion Outpost uses this information to tailor the list of available surveys accordingly.
Make sure to double-check whatever you type/select before proceeding to the next steps. To maintain the spirit of honesty and transparency, Opinion Outpost either suspends accounts with incorrect information or doesn’t accept them at all.
Who is Opinion Outpost For?
Opinion Outpost caters to the needs of both individuals and companies.
It is an ideal survey panel for people looking to earn some extra cash in their spare time and/or from the comfort of their homes.
Apart from that, Opinion Outpost is also ideal for the researchers, marketers, small business owners, and strategic teams at large enterprises looking for relevant information.
Is Opinion Outpost Legit?
You can find mixed reviews about Opinion Outpost on the internet, with most being positive ones.
Most of the positive reviews are due to it being legit and having a quick process to cash out.
On the other hand, its strict policies that tend to terminate/shut down accounts are the culprits behind the negative reviews. However, these bad reviews usually result from people forgetting to play by the rules.
On Trustpilot, Opinion Outpost has an average rating of 4/5, which is great.
As mentioned above, members love how quickly they can cash out on Opinion Outpost. This hassle-free and swift quality are one of the reasons why so many people have given it 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Like all online survey panels, Opinion Outpost isn’t 100% perfect.
Members often complain about having their accounts terminated for trivial mistakes, and at times, for no reasons at all, preventing them from taking surveys and from cashing out on their previous points.
This particular user did not have their account terminated (yet), however, they complained about receiving fewer points for completing surveys like they used to.
This is usually the result of an increased number of members and fewer surveys to go around.
Advantages of Opinion Outpost
- Free to Use: One of the most appealing things we found for our Opinion Outpost review is the fact that it is completely free to use and does not require any kind of a subscription fee. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Low Redemption Rate: Opinion Outpost has one of the lowest redemption rates in the market (as low as $5 or 50 points for Amazon.com Gift Card Claim Codes). Users don’t have to complete a huge amount of surveys to start redeeming their points.
- Trustworthiness: Opinion Outpost has been around for more than a decade. Its fair reputation in the market and strict security measures all make it a panel that you could safely trust.
- Fill from Anywhere: Opinion Outpost members can fill out surveys anytime and from anywhere on the planet. Whether you’re waiting for your dental appointment, traveling somewhere, or just hanging out at home, you can simply take your phone out and start earning points!
Disadvantages of Opinion Outpost
- Unfair Removal of Account: As discussed earlier, many people have complained about having their Opinion Outpost accounts terminated for reasons that can’t be justified. This can be very frustrating, especially if it occurs before cashing out.
- Problems with Surveys/Rewards: In the past, some users have reported having their responses removed/deleted mid-survey. Some have even complained about not receiving their points after completing them.
Is Opinion Outpost Worth it?
The question of whether it is worth it or not depends upon how much you expect to earn.
For some people, it’s a good source of extra income that helps them get by.
However, for some, it isn’t worth the effort and they would rather pursue other avenues of income.
There are many ways to earn money on the internet, with many being better than filling out surveys. However, when it comes to online survey sites, our Opinion Outpost review found you should rest assured knowing that your personal information is safe and that you will get good returns for minimum effort.