SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
In today’s data-driven world, market research panels are willing to pay good money for consumers to visit their online survey site and complete surveys. The big challenge for most people who sign up to the most popular survey sites is the amount of time they have to spend trying to find new surveys.
All things aside, our Opinion Outpost review found this survey platform to be one you can most definitely trust. Opinion Outpost surveys offer a quick and easy way of winning cash and gift vouchers by taking part in trustworthy and relevant surveys.
And the best part? Registration is free!
How Does Opinion Outpost Help?
Who doesn’t want to earn some extra money from the comfort of their home?
As a member of Opinion Outpost, you can easily participate in surveys and start earning money and exciting gift vouchers right away. Unlike some other online paid survey platforms, you don’t have to pay a subscription fee to receive survey invitations.
Furthermore, Opinion Outpost, after analyzing your profile information, finds the most relevant surveys that you’ll actually enjoy taking part in.
This makes Opinion Outpost a useful platform for survey research, marketers, brand managers, and business owners who take advantage of the true and relevant consumer feedback received through this online survey panel.
What is Opinion Outpost?
Opinion Outpost lets survey takers share their two-cents on a number of areas, including mobile device partners, medicine, product testing, and politics, to name a few. Businesses, in turn, use this information for their research.
Survey Sampling International (SSI) is the parent company that owns OpinionOutpost, which is a company based in the United States that facilitates B2B and B2C researches.
Having been in the online survey industry for more than 10 years, Opinion Outpost boasts a reputation for providing trustworthy surveys, good customer service, and some of the best incentives and survey opportunities for its members.
The panel has a minimum age limit of 18 and carefully monitors all accounts for fake information.
Every day, thousands of users log into their Opinion Outpost dashboard to find new surveys.
How does Opinion Outpost work?
The user-friendly and simple interface of Opinion Outpost’s website makes it a great experience for everyone to take advantage of, regardless of how tech/internet-savvy they are.
In order to register, you have to go through a variety of steps. This includes providing a few contact details and then filling out a detailed profile survey with more personal information like your race, ethnicity, income, etc.
After reviewing Opinion Outpost’s quick, simple, and free registration process, you can start testing products and sharing your opinions via surveys on various products and services.
You have access take as many surveys as you like (you are shown only those surveys which you qualify for) and at your own pace. There is even a survey history page to check for more Opinion Outpost work and product testing opportunities.
Opinion Outpost has a simple yet highly effective point system in place. It rewards you with a certain score called Opinion Outpost Points, which you receive by filling out the online surveys available to you. It’s easy to understand the experience so you can focus on surveys and product opportunities.
On OpinionOutpost, 100 points is equal to $10, and the more you earn depends entirely on how much effort you are willing to put in. Before you take a survey, you will be notified of the amount you will earn and how many minutes it will take you to complete it.
Members can redeem their achievement points and rewards a number of ways:
- Cash Rewards – Once you have enough points, you can redeem your points for PayPal cash. If you choose to go with a disbursement to your PayPal account, you will need to have at least $10 or 100 points in your account in order to cash out.
- Amazon Gift Card Claim Codes – Although Amazon.com is not a sponsor of Opinion Outpost (as mentioned on the website), members can exchange their points for the Amazon Gift Card Claim Codes. A minimum of 50 points (worth $5) is required.
- App Store & iTunes Gift Cards – Apple users, rejoice! You can redeem your accumulated Opinion Points for the App Store & iTunes gift cards, which they can then use to access songs, apps, books, and more. All you need is a minimum of 50 opinion points or $5 to get started.
- Donations – Users also have the option of donating their points to the American Red Cross.
The points expire after 3 months of account inactivity. To prevent this from happening, make sure to take at least one survey.
Sweepstakes and Surveys Opinion Outpost
Besides the standard redeemable opinion points, Opinion Outpost also gives its members entries for its quarterly prize draw every time they complete a survey.
Opinion Outpost gives away $10,000 to a lucky winner on a quarterly basis, meaning that every year it gives away a total of $40,000 in just prize money!
To participate in the prize draws, members must meet the age criteria, participate in surveys, and meet other Prize Draw Terms.
Share and earn gift cards
- Refer-a-Friend Program: Opinion Outpost has a remarkable referral program that allows members to invite their friends to join the research panel and take part in surveys. Every time someone uses your custom website referral link to register and complete a survey, you get $1 as a reward. This program lets you earn up to $5, so hop on twitter and tweet a profile signup link to your friends!
- Transparency of Surveys: Another great thing about Opinion Outpost is that it is very transparent with its products and surveys. As mentioned above, prior to taking a survey, users can see exactly how many points they’ll receive and how long it would take to complete it. This makes it easier for users to decide if completing a certain survey is worth the effort or just a waste of time.
Signing Up with Opinion Outpost
It’s very easy to sign up for Opinion Outpost profile. You can start reaping the benefits online surveys have to offer after going through these two phases:
Sign up to the site
- Open Opinion Outpost’s website, either on your phone or on a laptop/desktop.
- At the very top, you will see the sign-up form (as shown in the screenshot above).
- Click the “Join For Free!” button.
- You can also sign up via your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts.
Confirm your email
- Go to the inbox of the email address you provided and open the confirmation email received by Opinion Outpost.
- Click on the “CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL” button.
- You will be directed to a page asking your date of birth, country of residence, and language. Provide the information and click “NEXT.”
- A survey form will pop up, which will include some personal questions like your income, race, and ethnicity, among other things. Be sure to provide accurate information.
- Start completing a lot off surveys, get paid per survey, and enjoy your rewards!
As discussed earlier, Opinion Outpost uses this information to tailor the list of available surveys accordingly.
Make sure to double-check whatever you type/select before proceeding to the next steps. To maintain the spirit of honesty and transparency, Opinion Outpost either suspends accounts with incorrect information or doesn’t accept them at all.
Who is Opinion Outpost For?
Opinion Outpost caters to the needs of both individuals and companies.
It is an ideal survey panel for people looking to earn some extra cash in their spare time and/or from the comfort of their homes.
Apart from that, Opinion Outpost is also ideal for the researchers, marketers, partners, small business owners, and strategic teams at large enterprises looking for relevant information.
Is Opinion Outpost Legit?
You can find mixed reviews about Opinion Outpost on the internet, with most being positive ones. Most of the positive reviews are due to it being a legitimate survey site and having a quick process to cash out.
On the other hand, its strict policies that tend to terminate/shut down accounts are the culprits behind the negative reviews. However, these bad reviews usually result from people forgetting to play by the rules.
Users love the Quick Payout
On TrustPilot, Opinion Outpost has an average rating of 4/5, which is great.
As mentioned above, members love how quickly they can cash out on Opinion Outpost. This hassle-free and swift quality are one of the reasons why so many people have given it 5 stars on TrustPilot.
Like all online survey sites, Opinion Outpost isn’t 100% perfect.
Members often complain about having their accounts terminated for trivial mistakes, and at times, for no reason at all, preventing them from taking surveys and from cashing out on their previous points.
This particular user did not have their account terminated (yet), however, they complained about receiving fewer points for completing online surveys like they used to.
This is usually the result of an increased number of members and fewer surveys to go around.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Opinion Outpost
- Free to Use: One of the most appealing things we found for our Opinion Outpost review is the fact that it is completely free to use and does not require any kind of a subscription fee. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Low Redemption Rate: Opinion Outpost has one of the lowest redemption rates in the market (as low as $5 or 50 points for Amazon.com Gift Card Claim Codes). Users don’t have to complete a huge amount of surveys to start redeeming their points.
- Trustworthiness: Opinion Outpost has been around for more than a decade. Its fair reputation in the market and strict security measures all make it a panel that you could safely trust.
- Fill from Anywhere: Opinion Outpost members can fill out surveys anytime and from anywhere on the planet. Whether you’re waiting for your dental appointment, traveling somewhere, or just hanging out at home, you can simply take your phone out and start earning points!
Cons of Opinion Outpost
- Unfair Removal of Account: As discussed earlier, many people have complained about having their Opinion Outpost accounts terminated for reasons that can’t be justified. This can be very frustrating, especially if it occurs before cashing out.
- Problems with Surveys/Rewards: In the past, some users have reported having their responses removed/deleted mid-survey. Some have even complained about not receiving their points after completing them.
Wrapping up our Opinion Outpost Review
The question of whether it is worth it or not depends upon how much you expect to earn.
For some people, it’s a good source of extra income that helps them get by.
However, for some, it isn’t worth the effort and they would rather pursue other avenues of income.
There are many ways to earn money on the internet, with many being better than filling out surveys. However, when it comes to legit survey sites, our Opinion Outpost review found you should rest assured knowing that your personal information is safe and that you will get good returns for minimum effort.