SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Whenever you hear about any new survey sites, you might think, “Not again”. However, any person who’s new to the surveys may think differently. When people are newly introduced to online surveys, all they can think of is how much money they’re going to get paid.
Then again, it’s human nature to do so. There are a lot of ways to earn some extra cash on the side. Our Panda Research review is here to provide you a quick guide for one such website
How Does Panda Research Help?
Panda Research provides opportunities for people to get paid for taking online surveys and other gigs such as paid offers, reading emails, trial offers, etc. Signing up for offers means that you will probably receive product reviews, product tests, etc.
Most survey companies usually ask for your credit card information to supposedly help provide more targeted surveys and offers. Panda Research, on the other hand, requires only your generic personal information, i.e. your name, location, etc. This is usually a good sign because typically asking for credit card details is a sign of a scam.
The data collected through their survey sites is then provided to the companies who are doing the surveys.
What is Panda Research?
Panda Research is an online survey panel.
It was founded in 2005 and initially was going to be called ‘Research Review’, but was changed later on. Their parent company is Illinois-based A&A Marketing, Inc.
Better Business Bureau
If you go to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), you’ll find that Panda Research isn’t accredited; which isn’t a great sign.
When you search for A&A Marketing, their parent company, you’ll find that they’re rated ‘F’, the lowest of ratings. This pretty much makes both of them untrustworthy companies.
Getting Started with the Survey Site
How Does Panda Research Work?
Panda Research works as any survey site does. You sign up for Panda, you fill out some surveys, take part in paid offers and paid emails, and then finally start earning money.
When you open their site, you may be discouraged initially, as it looks like it hasn’t been updated in the last 14 years. However, at least you have the sign-up option right in front of you.
When you provide your information and register, the site immediately matches you with some surveys. It even sends potential surveys to your email address.
Qualifying for Panda Research surveys
Almost all of the questionnaires have a qualification process that you need to pass in order to fill the survey out.
Because the surveys are mostly put out by companies looking to do some market research, there is a high chance of you failing the qualification process.
But if you pass and fill the survey out, the money will be credited to your account. This money from Panda Research can later be redeemed.
Signing Up for Panda Research Surveys
The only good thing about Panda Research is how easy it is to sign up. When you go to their website, the sign-up page is the first thing you’ll see so just follow these steps:
- After you’ve opened the website homepage, enter your information in the boxes;
- Click on the sign-up button;
- You’ll be prompted to a profile survey; complete it and click on ‘Submit’;
- Confirm your email address.
- You’re officially a Panda Researcher; you can now choose from the survey opportunities available or wait to get some in your email.
Ways to Earn as a Panda Research Member
The primary way to earn with Panda Research is through surveys. They claim that some of their surveys can pay around $40 which is pretty unrealistic in the online survey realm.
Other surveys allegedly give you a payout somewhere between $1.50 – $3. Even these numbers are high compared to other survey sites. The reason (as they claim) for such payments is that you need to complete an offer after completing your survey.
If you don’t complete the offer, you don’t get paid.
Other ways to earn with Panda Research are relatively unique.
You can do any of the following:
- Enter the referral program by referring your family and friends
- Complete non-survey paid offers
- Read a lot of paid emails
- Enter giveaways after completing some survey offers
- Receive account promotions and discounts after completing surveys.
Does Panda Research Really Pay?
One of the major drawbacks of Panda Research is that you need to have a PayPal account to recieve a payout; as it’s the only available payment medium. Make sure that the email you used to register on the site and your PayPal email match, to avoid any problems.
If for whatever reason, you couldn’t complete a survey or were interrupted, the payment for it is nulled.
You’ll see all your account balance in your Panda Research wallet but in order to cash-out and transfer that money to your PayPal account, you need at least a $50 account balance.
Another condition is that $25 of the amount should be from paid offers. Also, you can only request money in $50 lots, which means that even if you have $99, you’ll only be able to redeem $50.
Panda Research pays on the 1st and 15th of every month and a whole 30 days after requesting payment.
At the time of this review, there is no other way to payout except by PayPal.
Pros and Cons of Survey Sites
- Easy Registration: When you go to their site, you’ll find their sign-up and registration form right in front of you. Soon as you enter your information and confirm your email address, you are ready to fill out surveys.
- Free to Join: Panda Research is completely free and can be joined by anyone. There are no specific age limits, however, surveys may be age-restricted.
- Plenty of Surveys: The site always has a plethora of surveys and paid offers to choose from. Specific surveys are even sent to you by email.
- Bad UI: The site looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2005. The UI is clunky and the site is hard to navigate.
- One Way to Redeem: There’s only one way to redeem your earnings and that’s through PayPal. There is no point in becoming a member if you don’t have a verified PayPal account.
- Geographically Limited: If you’re in any country except the United States, you can forget about joining this site. Any IP that’s not based in the United States is automatically rejected; you can’t even make an account.
- Bad Payment Conditions: The countless payment conditions, such as the high redeeming limit, $50 lot payments, etc. are extreme to the point where people just give up after filling out a few surveys.
- Hard to Qualify: The survey qualifiers are extremely limited and sometimes difficult, which makes it very hard to qualify for surveys.
Who is Panda Research for?
Panda Research is basically for anyone looking to make some extra money. However, that anyone needs to be based in the United States. In fact, it may not even be for people looking to make extra money because most people have complained about not being paid.
Is Panda Research Legit?
After carefully researching for this Panda Research Review, it’s clear that while Panda Research is legit, they definitely have opportunities to improve their customer support.
Most people complain about the fact that they’ve completed their surveys and reached the $50 limit and still haven’t been paid. That’s where Panda Research’s tons of payment conditions come in.
They have listed all of their terms and conditions and if someone actually reads them before joining, they would never join the site. There are so many loopholes by which they can legally refuse to pay people.
Wrapping Up Our Panda Research Review
It’s already pretty tricky to earn money online, especially through surveys. We then have companies like Panda Research who take advantage of people because they know that almost everyone accepts the terms and conditions without actually reading them.
You can earn money with them, but make sure you read their terms and conditions and set the right expectations. You won’t get rich but you might earn some cash.
Our Panda Research review found them to a good back up for other sites, but definitely shouldn’t be your main focus. There are way too many survey sites out there to deal with online surveys that make things complicated for their members.
Are Panda Research's paid online surveys all they are cracked up to be? Read our Panda Research review and make an informed decision for yourself!
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Any
Application Category: Survey Platform