SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Have you ever purchased something online, only to find it cheaper in the future? It’s a bummer.
You could’ve saved money if you would have waited a bit longer. If only there was a way to get that difference returned.
Well, there is! It’s called Paribus. However, it’s much different than your run-of-the-mill money app.
In our Paribus review, we’ll take a look at this money-making app by Capital One. You’ll learn how to use it, why you should, and see if they really live up to their motto.
Get money back when prices drop, effortlessly.
How do cashback apps like Paribus save you time and money
One in four people shops online at least once per week. Are you one of them? If you’re like most, you do a fair amount of shopping for yourself or during the holidays.
You’re also conscious of your budget and like to get the best deals. It’d be nice to get some of that money back or at least save on your purchases. While you can do these things yourself, apps like Paribus will put in the elbow grease for you.
These websites work in different ways and offer slightly different features, but generally, do the same thing, get your cashback. They fight for your side as a consumer, by narrowing down better deals and paying you for shopping. Let’s take a deeper look at how Paribus achieves this.
What is Paribus?
Paribus has saved users $29 million so far by tracking if stores can refund the money. They are able to track purchases from major retailers like Target, Walmart, and Amazon.
They focus on three primary areas:
- Price drops: Did something you buy get listed for cheaper? Paribus will help return the difference, and you don’t have to lift a finger.
- Late deliveries: Don’t you hate when it says your order will get delivered in one day, but it arrives another? Paribus will fight to get you compensation for your experience.
- Hotel price drops: Not only will this app help you save money on previous purchases but hotels, too. Since hotels are expensive by nature, this can mean you can keep some serious coin.
How does Paribus work?
You can start saving money through Paribus after you sign up through your email or link an external account, such as Amazon.
After you’re connected, Paribus will go through your previous receipts and compare them to recent prices to determine if you’re eligible for a refund. If so, they will help you get a refund for the purchase.
You can also see other users that were recently paid out on the dashboard in case you need inspiration.
Signing up for Paribus
You can sign up for Paribus by visiting their homepage, agreeing to their terms of service, and registering through Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.
QUICK TIP: Make sure that you sign up with an email that you make purchases with, or Paribus won’t be able to track refunds.
The dashboard displays recent purchases that users got refunded, along with how much they earned. Use this as inspiration for how much you can be saving over time with Paribus.
Navigate to the purchases page and the latest opportunities Paribus has found for you will be displayed. This is also where you can link your Amazon account to get the same service and to get reimbursed for late deliveries.
Do you travel throughout the year or book hotels for business trips? Then you won’t want to miss out on the “Hotels” page. Here, Paribus will analyze your recent hotel confirmation emails, and try to find you a better deal.
If you wish to link different accounts, change email notifications, or edit your profile, head over to the settings page. Here you can also permanently delete your account if you no longer wish to use Paribus.
Do you also find yourself constantly on your smart? Then we’d recommend that you download their mobile app to make the experience even easier. It’s currently available on the iTunes store here.
You can log into the app as you would on the desktop version, except that it is a much cleaner UI and simpler to use. Since many people shop from their phones nowadays or at least have it on them regularly, the mobile version ensures you won’t miss out on any savings.
Who is Paribus for?
Paribus is a service that anyone looking to save money and get the best possible deals should use. It’s especially useful for those that shop online frequently, travel, or buy hotels.
In all of these situations, this cashback app will help you spend less in the long term. Students and budget-friendly individuals will find Paribus greatly beneficial, as well.
Is Paribus legit?
Paribus was acquired in 2016 by Capital One, a US-based finance company that specializes in banking and lending. While unfortunately there are no reviews available on TrustPilot, our go-to source, there are dozens of YouTube videos detailing personal accounts.
We went through many of them, and they mostly appear positive. Since Paribus has only been around for two years, it’s not surprising to see a lack of reviews. However, the ones that are available look promising.
There are also plenty of personal stories and experiences we found on social media, such as these Reddit threads.
Multiple users in this discussion claim that it isn’t going to change your life, but it does what it states it will — save you money. The first user sums it up nicely, saying “Once set, you can forget.”
Alternatively, this thread we researched had similar input. This Paribus user was awarded a small refund, given a coupon code, and won other refunds thanks to the app. Not bad for a tool that does all of the work for you.
The app is only two to three years old at the time of this review, so it still requires time for more reviews to accumulate. The feedback from current and previous users appears to be mostly positive, but nothing ecstatic.
Advantages of Paribus
- Passive cashback: Once you’ve signed up, the only step is to shop and book hotels like you normally would. Paribus will update you when better deals are available in your inbox or via the dashboard.
- An efficient way to find deals: It can be impossible to find the best deals online constantly, but an AI doing it for you? Absolutely! Paribus will do all of the hard work for you to ensure you get the best deals
- Free to use: Unlike some other cashback apps, Paribus is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or fine print that will catch you off-guard.
Disadvantages of Paribus
- Customer service: According to various user accounts, customer service appears to be the weak spot with this app. With Capital One’s reputation of great customer service, hopefully, some of it will rub off on Paribus.
- Privacy: This app requires access to your email, meaning it will potentially see personal information of products you’ve purchased, when, how much, etc. If you value your privacy, this may be a deal-breaker.
- Limited stores: Unfortunately as of this review, Paribus doesn’t support every store, but only major retailers. This means that you won’t be able to save money if you shop on smaller websites.
Wrapping up our Paribus review
Paribus is a unique cashback app compared to most on the market today. We enjoyed how simple it was to use, and that it makes saving money and earning refunds very passive.
Just sign up with an email that you use when ordering products online or booking hotels, and attach your Amazon account. Then all you have to do is sit back and relax.
It’s hard to stay up to date on the latest deals, where the best place to shop is, so Paribus will save you both money and time. The website is super easy to navigate, and there isn’t any clutter to confuse you.
Some drawbacks we found during our Paribus review included a lack of integrated stores and a privacy sacrifice. However, this money app is only two years old. It’s rather new when compared to other websites we’ve reviewed, so it has plenty of time to prove itself and fix any hiccups.
We recommend that you sign up for Paribus because of the above reasons. You don’t have much to lose, but plenty to gain by using their service.
Have you used Paribus before? If so, did you enjoy using their platform?
In our Paribus review, we'll take a look at this money-making app by Capital One. You'll learn how to use it, why you should, and see if they really live up to their motto.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: All
Application Category: Savings App