SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Anyone who has spent any time surfing the web has thought about making money online.
One popular method is to get paid for your opinions via online surveys, like those offered by LifePoints. Formed from the merger of MySurvey and Global Test Market, LifePoints has quickly become a popular destination for survey takers.
Our LifePoints review digs into their history, user experience, and pros and cons of this popular survey site.
How does LifePoints help?
For customers, it’s an interesting and engaging way to get paid for their opinion.
What is LifePoints?
LifePoints was launched in 1946 as Nation Family Opinions and later acquired by Lightspeed Research. Originally called “Global Test Market”, they rebranded in 2019 to better stand out from other survey sites.
The internet has made it easy to connect companies with questions to users happy to be rewarded for their opinions. That’s enabled the company to develop partnerships across 70 different countries and as of 2019, boast a total of 5.5 million active users.
Getting Started with LifePoints
Like most paid surveys, LifePoints runs on points you can redeem for money or gift cards. You earn these rewards through participating in surveys, games, and other interactions with the platform.
When you complete your first complete your profile you earn 33 points. This process captures demographic and behavioral information that complete your profile.
Your profile determines the best surveys for you qualify for in a daily update. You are also provided with an estimate of how long it will take and how many points you’ll receive. This prevents you from wasting your time.
Qualifying for surveys
Your profile helps you pre-qualify, however, most surveys have an additional screening step. This selects the final participants that fit the research parameters set by the company performing the research.
LifePoints has a great qualification rate. Users have reported qualifying 1 out of 3 times. When it comes to online surveys, those are great odds!
You may also qualify for product tests and research projects. These have a higher payout than surveys and can be extremely rewarding. Keep an eye out for them.
Length of surveys
Similar to other survey sites, the actual length of the questionnaire can vary. The typical length though seems to be around 10-15 minutes, with longer surveys usually rewarding more points.
LifePoints offers multiple options to earn points and rewards. Their quarterly sweepstake has a prize pool of $2000, divided among 103 lucky winners.
You earn sweepstake entries in several ways, especially by successfully completing surveys.
Redeeming your LifePoints rewards
The rewards section has specific details on how to redeem your points. The minimum payout is 5550 points, which can earn you gift cards from companies such as Starbucks, Amazon or iTunes.
That said, it’s best to redeem the larger rewards as they provide better value. You can also redeem for cash via PayPal.
You can log in through their website. Unfortunately, they currently don’t offer a Lifepoints app so you’ll have to use your browser.
Once you’re logged in you’ll experience the easy user interface they are known for. As a bonus, you’ll receive points the first time you do log in, as well as when you do via Facebook.
Another cool bonus is the ‘Daily Challenge’, which you complete for 30 days, after which you earn a 15% bonus.
- Lifepoints Referral system: There is a refer-a-friend program where you can send referral codes to friends. You then earn points if they register and complete a survey.
- Ability to redeem points: Most panels withdraw threshold for redeeming points. There are also different thresholds for cash withdraws vs. prizes or gift cards.
Signing up is simple.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the website;
- Fill out your name and email address and click on the ‘Get Started’ button;
- Fill out the rest of the fields and complete your registration.
- You will be redirected to a dashboard, where you can finish your profile.
- Then it’s time to start earning!
Who is LifePoints for?
LifePoints is for anyone trying to earn a few extra dollars a month. The site doesn’t pay much and it’ll probably take you around 2 months to reach $50.
Like earning pocket change for filling out 30 minutes of daily surveys.
Is LifePoints legit?
With a principal investment from the world’s largest advertising and PR firm, they are no scam company.
Most users report being satisfied with their experience and the money they earn.
So what is with all the bad Lifepoints reviews?
The negative reviews started poured in after LifePoints announced a change in ownership. Countless users started reporting spam emails.
Some people reported that they were banned or their accounts were suspended because of ‘fraudulent activity’.
A good practice is to check out the terms and conditions and FAQs to understand the company and how they work.
However, LifePoints could simplify the FAQ section and make it more visible to new users.
- User Requirements: Minimum age is 14 and supports over 200 countries.
- Fast Payments: There are several redemption options for receiving a gift card fast. Some electronic gift cards are available instantly.
- Good Rewards: You can receive between 35 to 250 points per survey and you earn $1 for around 25 points.
- Additional Earning Opportunities: Tons of ways to earn points, such as sweepstakes, product testing, and a referral program.
Our Lifepoints reviews wouldn’t be complete without pointing out a few of its downsides.
- Account Suspensions: Plenty of users reported their accounts suspended for no reason.
- Restrictions: Some countries are restricted to fewer surveys.
- Takes Time: It can take time to accumulate points at 30-40 minutes a day.
- Limited Accessibility: Many surveys are not available on a mobile app or device.
- Location Limitations: For example, in the UK there is no referral system.
Wrapping up our review of Lifepoints
LifePoints is a pioneer in the survey industry and has the necessary credentials to prove their legitimacy.
However, this doesn’t change the fact that it is still a survey panel. As long as you go in not expecting to”get rich quick”, you should be pleasantly surprised.
Also, check out our tips for taking paid online surveys to help you make the most of these sites and avoid potential issues.
Is LifePoints all it's cracked up to be? Read our Lifepoints review to find out our experience and make an informed decision for yourself!
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Any
Application Category: Survey Platform