MySurvey Review: Where Your Opinion Is Valued (2022)
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
As of January 2020, MySurvey has been renamed and rebranded as Lifepoints. Lifepoints is a part of Lightspeed Research, one of the largest survey providers in the market research industry.
This review is a historical reference for people who might be interested in what the MySurvey panel used to look like.
The internet offers plenty of different ways to earn money. The idea of paying internet users to complete surveys was born out of necessity. It provided companies a way to learn more about their customers’ preferences.
Paid surveys are a great and easy way to make money online. However, in order to earn a decent amount, they require time. You also have to watch out for scammers.
Our MySurvey review takes a look at one of the better survey companies in the business. MySurvey lets you complete online surveys of your own choosing and pays you according to the complexity and length of the survey.
How does MySurvey help?
Market research is essential to the success of a product or service. By studying consumer patterns and responses, brands around the world develop strategies and products that best serve the customers.
Paid survey sites like MySurvey offer a win-win situation. They pay panel members to fill out surveys and companies are able to use the data collected.
What is MySurvey?
Starting as a market research company back in the 1940s as the National Family Opinion Organization, MySurvey.com was introduced in 1995 and acquired by LightSpeed Online Research Inc. They then re-launched the re-designed online platform in 2001.
As a survey company, their initial concept was to provide accurate market data to industry stakeholders. After the re-launch in 2001, the concept was amended to better suit the needs of the global market.
MySurvey made its research process available online and developed a way for people to earn money while sharing their opinion.
As one of the oldest survey sites on the internet, MySurvey had a head start and experienced unmatched growth. In 2012, participating users were paid $15 million dollars. Three years later MySurvey paid over $50 million dollars to its active members.
Finally, as of 2020, MySurvey was shut down and migrated to Lifepoints. Any existing member of MySurvey was able to transfer their points to the new account.
Getting Started with MySurvey
It is easy to start using the website. Participants don’t need to show previous experience and the whole process can be completed from the comfort of your own home.
Upon completing the registration form, users are asked to fill out a questionnaire that determines their psychographics and behavioral profile. This profile identifies the available surveys that are most relevant to you, befitting your specific interests and demographics.
Users are paid per survey and the amount depends on the length and complexity of the survey and its topic.
Normally, a single survey pays around $0.5 to $1.25.
MySurvey works on a points system that sees users earning points for each completed survey. These points, known as Mysurvey points, are meant to be collected and converted into actual money upon pay-out. The website limits its users to a minimum of at least 1,200 points, resulting in a $10 reward.
It’s not hard to reach the 1,200 point limit. On average, a survey will give you around 80 points. Complete 10 surveys a day, and you can earn enough to reach the minimum payout in a couple of days!
Depending on your location and payment options, claiming your rewards might take a long time. It can take up to 4-8 weeks for the payment to come through.
However, more convenient is redeeming points for extra cash with your PayPal account. You can also donate your earnings directly to a charity.
The point system thrives on its flexibility. You can redeem points for a MySurvey gift card or merchandise from the rewards catalog.
The amount of points you receive depends on a few things length of the survey and the number of responders. Completing a long survey will give you more points than a short survey.
Some surveys conduct a screening process to determine whether you are qualified to participate in the survey or not. If you don’t qualify, you still get rewarded for trying. You can fill out screening questionnaires on the MySurvey app, available for your cell phone through Google Play.
Another way to earn extra cash rewards on MySurvey is through their referral program. Called Refer MySurvey, you can invite a friend or a family member to sign up as a new member and earn 150 points!
There is no limit to how many people can use your referral code. So the bigger your network, the more you stand to earn!
MySurvey’s referral program also offers its users a chance to participate in more lucrative and substantial consumer research.
The longer you are in the program, the more likely you’ll be asked to try product testing. These product testing opportunities is where you will be sent a product for a written review. Once you’ve tried the product, you’ll be asked to give your opinion on how much you liked it.
Sweepstakes are similar to lotteries and are a way to supplement your income while participating in MySurvey. Each month, one active user is selected to win 10000 points – that’s over $100 in cash rewards!
You can earn additional sweepstakes entries by filling out additional surveys. Each survey completed increases your chances of winning!
- Contests: MySurvey routinely hosts different contests and other opportunities, allowing users to earn extra points.
- Low Age Limit: Most online survey sites have an age-restriction, requiring that users be 18 years of age. MySurvey has set a minimum age of 14.
- In-House Surveys: MySurvey has no outbound links so the user doesn’t have to leave the site and/or create any more accounts.
Signing up with MySurvey
Registering on MySurvey is a 4-5 minute process at best. Just follow these steps to go through the registration process:
- Open MySurvey’s website
- Click the Registration button
- On the registration page, enter all your personal information and email address. Use a strong password
- Fill out the short questionnaire that comes up. Your responses will assess your profile to adjust the kind of survey invitations you will receive
- After you have completed the registration process, you will be given a set of surveys that match your profile.
Who is MySurvey for?
MySurvey is for people who wish to make money off of their opinions, by participating in paid consumer research activities.
Earning extra money on the internet can be a difficult task. MySurvey provides a simple and accessible platform for users to do just that.
Along with paid surveys, MySurvey also sets you up with a multitude of other, more lucrative opportunities.
Is MySurvey legit?
Most reviews that turn up on Google for MySurvey are negative.
This is hard to fathom because it is one of the oldest survey sites on the internet. How does such an established site build up such a bad reputation?
The answer lies in people’s experience. The bad reviews are mostly from newer users who are just at this site as an opportunity to get rich quick. The bad news is that you won’t make much money, and it shouldn’t be considered a source of full-time income.
Trustpilot website features a lot of reviews for MySurvey, with only a few good reviews in the mix. These positive reviews are usually by experienced survey takers who understand the ins and outs of how the top survey sites work.
But some are older users who feel cheated.
In their reviews, many users have complained that the administrators unjustly shut down their Mysurvey account. Coincidentally, this happened right before they were about to reach their withdrawal limit.
It sounds like MySurvey didn’t address the challenges their users are facing. Until you start listening to your user’s complaints, you can’t have satisfied customers.
Many user reviews complained about technical issues, which, combined with the lack of customer service gave MySurvey such a bad reputation.
MySurvey Frequently Asked Questions
Pros of MySurvey
- Good Record: MySurvey is one of the oldest survey panels in the world. They boast a great track record on paper, with millions of satisfied customers spanning almost 2 decades.
- Free to Use: MySurvey is absolutely free to use and doesn’t charge.
- Low Withdrawal Limit: MySurvey has one of the lowest withdrawal limits at just $10.
- Work from Anywhere: You can potentially work from anywhere. A stable internet connection is all you need to complete surveys and earn money!
- Webcam Surveys: MySurvey is one of the few online survey websites offering webcam surveys. These surveys require participants to watch a video. While you watch the video, your webcam records your facial expressions and reactions.
- Mobile App: MySurvey has a mobile app that members can use to complete surveys.
Cons of MySurvey
Our MySurvey review wouldn’t be complete without pointing out a few of its downsides.
- Unjustified Disqualification: At times, you may fail a screening test just because you took too long to finish your responses. At other times, users have been disqualified because MySurvey already filled their participant quota.
- Unjust Deactivations: Some users have reported unjustified foreclosures of their accounts. MySurvey is reported to have deactivated user accounts without justification.
- Location Limitations: Depending on your location, you may not qualify for a lot of new survey offers. However, registration isn’t just limited to the United States. You can participate from a variety of different places, such as North America and the United Kingdom.
Is MySurvey worth your time?
The surveys themselves don’t pay great, but the other methods of earning points can make a big difference. The amount of money you stand to earn depends on the amount of spare time you can put into completing surveys.
Generally, filling out surveys is very time-consuming, and you should only go down this avenue if you have adequate free time.
Take out half an hour every day to fill out 2-3 surveys. Over the course of a month, that could translate into a decent number of points.
Considering the number of earning options available on the internet, you are better off directing your time and energy elsewhere. But if you must go with paid surveys, MySurvey is a good place to start.
Already using MySurvey? Share your experience with us in the comments section!