In recent years, taking paid online surveys have become one of the more popular ways to make money online. In our OneOpinion review, you’ll find out why they are no longer one of the best survey sites out there to make money with.
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
What is OneOpinion?
OneOpinion is owned by the market research company Dynata LLC. Based in the United States, Dynata is one of the largest market research companies in the world, and boasts over 70 million consumer and business relationships.
Is OneOpinion legit?
OneOpinion is a legit site, and a legit survey company. Their parent company, Dynata LLC has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
However, on the BBB website, Dynata also has an average of 1.24 stars (out of 5) based upon 207 customer reviews. They also have over 1200 customer complaints in the past 3 years, and over 300 closed in the past 12 months.
They had earned a reputation in their industry as a renowned market research provider. But Dynata seems to have tarnished that reputation lately. Most of the complaints are for:
- Poor customer support
- Unsolicited phone calls to the same phone number
- Spending a long time on a completed survey, then being disqualified partway through the survey
However, the BBB reviews and complaints are against Dynata as a whole. During my review, I couldn’t find any specific complaints about OneOpinion.
Let’s walk through how the entire process works.
How does OneOpinion work?
As a member of OneOpinion, you’re offered the opportunity to complete new surveys for reward points. Once you have collected enough points to meet the minimum payout threshold, you then have the opportunity to redeem those points for a variety of gift cards. Those might include:
- Amazon gift cards
- Cash redemption to your PayPal account
- Virtual gift card for top companies like Home Depot, Target, and Walmart
OneOpinion operates much in the same was as other survey websites, including their registration process.
How to get started with OneOpinion
You can create a new membership with OneOpinion just by clicking “Apply Now” on their homepage. This takes you to the OneOpinion registration form.
Something unique about OneOpinion is that they allow multiple accounts from one household. That means your spouse or your kids can take surveys if you allow them to.
Signing up with OneOpinion
Signing up is quick since you can connect via Facebook or Instagram. After that, you’ll need to verify your email address.
Once you’re verified and received a confirmation email you’ll take a short quiz to determine your survey account profile.
You need to be honest with your opinions. If you answer an obvious question incorrectly, your members’ account may get suspended for a few days with no access.
OneOpinion uses these questionnaires to prequalify people for online surveys that match your profile and interests.
OneOpinion’s Virtual Assistant, Emily
Starting in 2019, they announced a new chatbot to help speed up survey panel enrollment. Named Emily, the chatbot leads you through account sign up.
Emily also acts as a repository for frequently asked questions, known as FAQs and customer service for any information about their program.
Logging into OneOpinion
Once you’re registered, you can log in. First, click on “member login” in the top right-hand corner and then enter your email and password.
For security purposes, OneOpinion has a 2-step verification process. This means that OneOpinion will text you to verify that you’re a real person, and that you are the actual account holder.
How to make money for your opinions
There are a few ways to earn extra cash and points. You can:
- Compete surveys when you receive survey invitations
- Find product testing opportunities in OneOpinion’s product testing program
Surveys are the site’s best offering, so you’ll usually find a large number of surveys through OneOpinion’s survey platform.
Once you’re up and running you’ll receive survey opportunities through your email and via the OneOpinion website. A mobile app is available with additional mobile options, but email can be more convenient.
Before you start a survey, you’ll go through a quick experience to validate you are you. OneOpinion is unique in the number of security measures they take. It may get annoying, but it provides security for both users and the website.
The amount of surveys you can take varies according to:
- The information you provided when completing the demographics questionnaire
- Needs of the market research company
- Number of people responding to each particular survey
If your profile matches what consumer brands are looking for, you’ll get loads of offers. If you don’t, it might take you a while to get going.
Products and services testing
OneOpinion provides its users with product testing for research studies, which is a really cool experience. They even have products that aren’t broadly available yet.
The way it works is that they send you the companies product and you try it out. When you’re done, you return it with your feedback and then you get points.
Companies value this insight, as they are able to get consumer opinions before putting too much time promoting the product in the marketplace.
One Opinion points
Most surveys last a maximum of 30 minutes and pay between 1,000 and 5,000 rewards points. You’ll receive $1 for every 1,000 rewards points earned via OneOpinion. It’s not a ton of money.
On occasion, you’ll find longer surveys that earn up to 15,000 rewards points. The number of points varies depending on how long the survey takes and how many questions they ask.
OneOpinion rewards program and gift cards
After earning 25,000 points, you can redeem them for $25 in cash via PayPal, Amazon, and Visa gift cards. OneOpinion can also mail you a Visa gift card via USPS, which can take ten days to arrive.
Pros of being a member
For an online survey website, OneOpinion surprisingly has a lot to like.
- Intuitive and informative platform: Their site is very user-friendly. Information is easy to find and feels very transparent.
- Multiple household members can join: With no household restrictions the whole family can participate if they have parental consent.
- Instant rewards: Once you hit 25,000 points you can instantly cash out payments via Amazon gift cards and PayPal for $25.
- Serious about quality: They go out of their way to ensure the quality of their cookies and the security of their members’ data. You can also rest assured that you won’t be asked to pay for anything.
- Excellent customer service: Some people still maintain that the customer service support team is responsive 24/7 and happy to address concerns, day or night.
Cons of being a member
OneOpinion maintains a satisfied user-base, but as customer reviews clearly show, the company isn’t always perfect every time.
- Frequent rejections: While the survey site tries to match people with surveys they qualify for, people will get rejected sometimes. What’s frustrating a lot of times is getting rejected in the middle of completing a survey
- The threshold to payout: With each survey paying less than $5 you’ll need to complete a few to hit the threshold.
- Surveys aren’t always available: If they don’t have clients looking for feedback, you’ll get no surveys.
Wrapping up our OneOpinion review
Our review of OneOpinion found the survey site to be a great way to earn some extra money. If you’ve used other paid survey sites before, you know that the occasional rejection and $25 threshold aren’t that bad.
However, in addition to paying real money, from time to time OneOpinion will offer product testing where you can earn additional money. Just be mindful of Dynata’s online reputation before you spend too much of your valuable time on the site.
We’d recommend you give OneOpinion a try and judge for yourself!