OpinionSquare Review: Are They Really That Legit? (2022)
SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Online surveys can be a great way to earn extra money in your free time. And a lot of survey sites can help you turn this into a real side hustle.
But sometimes you might sign up for a scam site, or find that there are better opportunities for you to reach your earning potential.
Our OpinionSquare review is here to help you navigate the confusing world of online paid surveys. With so many survey sites to choose from, you may find a little guidance useful in deciding whether an OpinionSquare membership will help you earn more money online, or if you should focus your side hustles on more popular sites like Survey Junkie.
We’ll look at OpinionSquare’s reputation with their users and some of their Better Business Bureau reviews. We’ll also give you an overview about the payout structure, so you know more about what you’re getting into!
What is OpinionSquare?
OpinionSquare is an online market research company that helps different businesses understand how consumers feel about their products. They do this working with online reviewers like yourself, who are paid to share their opinions on a variety of different topics. They also pay people to download a software application that monitors their web surfing.
Operated by TMRG and Comscore Inc, OpinionSquare’s headquarters are in Reston, Virginia. OpinionSquare has been around since 1999, and as of 2022, they claim to have over 2 million members.
OpinionSquare is also a global platform, with surveys open to residents of other countries outside of the USA.
Is OpinionSquare legit?
Their parent company ComScore Inc earned an A+ with the Better Business Bureau. According to the BBB website, ComScore has been in business for 22 years. By all means, OpinionSquare appears to be a legit online market research company.
Despite the positive rating, OpinionSquare has had their share of complaints on the BBB website. At the time of this writing there were 8 complaints filed on the BBB website in the past 3 years. But none of those complaints occurred in the last 12 months.
A cursory review of the complaints indicated that they were all answered by OpinionSquare. It appears that each complaint was satisfied to the complainant’s satisfaction, or that OpinionSquare’s resolution appeared to address the issue that was brought up.
This isn’t uncommon with online survey sites. Most OpinionSquare reviews are very complimentary.
Becoming a member of OpinionSquare is easy.
First, go to their homepage and click the sign-up button. Then you’ll be directed through their registration process. You’ll fill out a form with your basic personal information, such as name, address, date of birth.
Once you’re done, you’ll download the Opinion Square web browser application that monitors your internet activity. you’ll start receiving surveys. Survey invitations for these will show up every few days.
Surveys range in topics from health care and travel to retail and consumer products.
If you had questions before signing up, check out their FAQ page.
One unusual item is that OpinionSquare requests you download tracking software to complete some of their offers. You can still complete activities without downloading the software. However, your options for surveys might be more limited, and you’re not eligible for some of their extra rewards programs.
What rewards does OpinionSquare have?
OpinionSquare‘s rewards offering is one place they shine. Currently, they offer over 23,000 different rewards in a variety of reward categories.
These categories are broken down into various categories such as gift cards, fitness merchandise, or electronics. Probably the most appealing option would be gift cards, which are similar to cash prizes.
You can select from Amazon gift cards, Visa gift cards, movie vouchers, or gift cards to your favorite restaurant. Usually, the range is anywhere from a ten dollar to twenty-five dollar gift card. If you’re charitably inclined, you can donate your earnings to a charity of your choice.
Points are earned via a token system. Each token allows you to play online games that earn you reward points. Those points can then be spent on prizes.
It’s a bit confusing, but users seem to enjoy the games and consider them part of the experience.
Pros & Cons of OpinionSquare
No site is perfect, but most sites have at least a little something going for them. Here’s where OpinionSquare shines.
- Big rewards selection: This quality is really impressive. If you can’t find a reward for yourself you probably aren’t looking hard enough.
- A variety of sweepstakes: They have a massive cash prize draw of $100,000! How cool is that?
- Online reputation: The BBB accreditation, long history and positive rating lends a lot of credibility.
- Easy to get started: OpinionSquare doesn’t run you through the wringer during the registration process. They allow you to jump in and get going.
- Easy to qualify for surveys: OpinionSquare is great at narrowing the number of surveys users are offered. Once you’re offered a particular survey, you don’t have to worry about your answers being rejected.
There are some cons to using OpinionSquare as well.
- Rewards are inconsistent: A straightforward points system would make it easier for users to determine how many surveys they have to take in order to earn the rewards they want. In addition, there are no cash rewards, although an Amazon gift card is fairly similar.
- You have to download their tracking software: Some users may not mind the software download, as it does make for better user experience. However, a survey taker may feel forced into downloading software just to get more survey invites.
- No mobile app. The software only works on a computer, so you can’t really participate on a mobile device.
- Customer service isn’t great: If there was one complaint that seemed credible, it was that the site and service might be slipping. We did notice page loading issues while trying the site registration and navigation.
- Frequency of surveys: This appeared to be a common complaint, as OpinionSquare doesn’t offer as many surveys as a lot of online survey sites.
Wrapping up our OpinionSquare review
Overall OpinionSquare is a legit website if you’re looking for a strong and reliable survey to earn extra cash. While the reward system and software downloads take some getting used to, the overall experience appears to be positive.
Our OpinionSquare review found them to be trustworthy and timely with paying out. However, you won’t make as much money here on other sites.
With that said, OpinionSquare does offer an alternate way to complete surveys in your spare time. If your main complaint with other survey sites is a lack of offers, OpinionSquare might be the site you’ve been looking for.