SOME LINKS IN THIS POST MAY BE FROM OUR SPONSORS. POLICY PAGE
Please note: As of November 2021, Vindale Research has ceased operations. If you go to the Vindale Research page, there is a redirect to Opinion Outpost. But before you go to that website, check out our in-depth Opinion Outpost review to determine if it’s worthwhile.
However, there are people who want to know how Vindale Research used to work. Below is the most updated version of the Vindale Research website as a historical reference.
Are you interested in using a survey website to earn money in your spare time, but can’t figure out which one to use? We don’t blame you. There are literally dozens of survey platforms to choose from.
In our in depth Vindale Research review, we’ll dig into how they became one of the best paid survey sites that pay users to complete surveys and do other activities. If you’d like to learn how you can sign up, what you’ll earn, and if setting up a Vindale account is worth your time, you’ve come to the right place.
Who is Vindale Research?
Vindale Research is owned by parent company iGain LLC and has been around since 2004. It’s one of the oldest market research websites on the internet, which gives us plenty of information to base our review on.
They are located in New York and have worked with notable names like Disney, Netflix, and Amazon. They offer paid surveys, daily questions, and more to help big brands make better decisions, and lets you make some easy cash in your free time.
Is Vindale Research legit?
Vindale Research is no scam. They are in fact a legitimate company with an established platform and program.
One of the best resources for assessing a company’s reputation is the Better Business Bureau. Vindale Research scored an “A” rating with 3/5 stars. You can check out their profile here to learn more.
This is very impressive, especially as they have a total of 52 reviews. Previous online survey websites we’ve reviewed have scored less than this. They have very specific criteria that businesses have to follow for receiving accreditation.
- Building trust: They must maintain a minimum of a B+ rating, be operating for at least 6 months, and have established a consistently positive reputation.
- Advertising honestly: Businesses must follow federal and state laws regarding advertising. They wouldn’t be able to claim that their online surveys will earn you a certain amount and not live up to that, for example.
- Transparency: All BBB accredited businesses have to openly state their location, what they do, policies, procedures, and necessary information. This ensures that you’re using a survey website that isn’t hiding anything from you.
- Safeguards privacy: You’re going to be answering surveys, giving opinions, and providing private information to these websites. This is why the BBB mandates that companies respect your privacy; they must disclose how they collect and use your personal information publicly.
We then looked at two reviews from Trust Pilot to discover what users have experienced first-hand. This verified user has been apart of Vindale for several years, had a good experience, and has no complaints about their service. Accurate and timely payouts stood out the most to him.
But, we can’t just look at the good side. We need a fair perspective, so we also analyzed a few negative reviews. This user apparently had a lot of money to redeem, but could not reach Vindale Research through phone or email.
One of the more common complaints is that they also were unable to receive any new surveys. Vindale had yet to respond, so we can’t jump to conclusions based on this user feedback. As we had seen in previous reviews, proxies and other suspicious activities can result in actions like this against your account.
If you’re looking for more info, I’d also recommend checking out their reviews on Consumer Affair. Reviews and ratings are great, but testing the platform yourself is the best approach.
Follow these steps to get started earning extra money today with Vindale Research.
Getting started with Vindale surveys
Visit the homepage and click one of the signup buttons to get started. You’ll either have to enter all of your information manually, which takes more time or connect through their Facebook page.
If you do sign up with your Facebook account, it will collect your basic information to fill out your profile. Don’t worry, it won’t post on your account without permission, either.
Quick Tip: If you plan on signing up for multiple surveys you should think about setting up a separate email address. It’s a quick way to optimize the survey process a little by cutting down on inbox clutter.
After you’ve registered, Vindale Research will pay you $1 for finishing a tutorial on using the website. It’s one of the easiest ways to start earning cash rewards. You will also need to finish a quick qualifier survey that helps find you the right surveys to complete.
All of the available surveys are listed on the “Studies” page. It displays the title of the survey, the average time to complete it, and how much money you will earn.
Like other paid survey sites, users need to finish a series of qualification questions to ensure they are the right fit. If not, you will be disqualified.
Vindale Research has a lot of ways to earn rewards
One aspect that we’re sure you’ll love is that there are more opportunities to make more than just surveys.
First, Vindale Research also has the “Panels” page that includes a number of partnering websites you can sign up for. We’ve reviewed a few of these recently, such as Harris Poll Online.
Second, there’s a job section that compiles full time job opportunities as well as opportunities for part-time work and gigs. These are a great way to earn a few extra bucks.
Do you also happen to know any friends that would like to join Vindale? If so, send them your unique referral code and you’ll be rewarded $5 through the Vindale Research referral program.
Make sure you also stay active on their Facebook, Twitter, and blog to get the latest reward codes on your mobile device. These can be entered for the chance to win extra cash.
If you’re active on your social media accounts, you know that user-generated content is in right now. 41% of businesses say that creating it is one of their top priorities, and Vindale Research is no different.
They will pay you $5 to take a picture of yourself along with a short story on your experience with their website. This helps spread the word about their platform while benefiting you at the same time.
Their customer service is another way that they stand out. Not only do they have a help center and FAQ page, but a community that they’ve started recently, too. This includes threads and a place to discuss issues and common questions related to Vindale.
Now that you understand how to navigate their platform, here’s how their reward system works more in-depth.
How to get paid by Vindale Research
Getting paid by Vindale Research is pretty straightforward.
- Step 1: Complete paid surveys by sharing demographic information and participating in survey panels.
- Step 2: Once you’ve reached the minimum withdraw amount, redeem your earnings via check or Paypal. Make sure you specify Paypal if you want it or your earning will come by snail mail.
How much can you make at Vindale Research?
With Vindale Research you can expect to make anywhere from $0.25 to $5.00 or more from completing surveys. One thing we noticed immediately is that you need a minimum balance of $50 to withdraw from your account.
This much higher than we’ve seen on other platforms, which are usually around $10. This means it might take a long time before you’re able to get your cash. You should also remember that Vindale sends payments once a month on the 15th or the closest business day.
So, while the minimum threshold is much higher than we’re used to, it should take the same amount of time to achieve since you have an opportunity to earn a substantial amount per paid survey. You can also earn an additional $0.50 by answering one of the questions of the day and being selected as the winner.
Make it a routine to complete a certain amount of tasks every day, and you’ll develop a consistent money-making habit.
At the time of this review, there are no other rewards besides cash payments. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you’re looking to earn a little extra cash. But, for users interested in merchandise, gift cards, and similar items, Vindale Research isn’t a good option. You’ll need to look at other survey companies, like Survey Junkie or Pinecone Research.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Vindale Research
During our review, we found the following aspects to be the best parts.
- Great earning potential: A completed survey pays up to $5.00 or more, which can add up quickly. Unlike other similar platforms, Vindale also pays you to complete your profile, submit a picture and story, and for referring friends. They also post job opportunities that can lead you to lucrative positions.
- Easy to use: From start to finish, we didn’t experience any issues or confusion with the Vindale Research Website. Signing up is a breeze, you can start earning right away, and they have plenty of resources to keep the process smooth.
- Proven track record: Vindale Research has a good history of positive reviews, customer service, and a good rating from the Better Business Bureau. You can rest assured that you will receive your payment on time from your Vindale Research account and that more developments will be coming to their platform in the future.
Cons of Vindale Research
Here are the drawbacks of using Vindale Research.
- No other rewards: Currently, you can only earn money from doing surveys, answering questions, and other activities on Vindale. There are no gift cards or physical merchandise that is normal to see on paid survey websites.
- High minimum threshold: You must reach the $50 minimum threshold before you can receive your money. Other platforms we’ve reviewed so far have a far lower amount, so this means that you’ll be waiting longer to get your hard-earned cash.
Wrapping up our Vindale Research review
Vindale Research is one of the better survey websites that we’ve had the pleasure to review. Registration is easy, and you even earn $1 for completing the introductory tutorial. There were several surveys available afterward, and the option to earn real money through daily questions is a nice touch.
Having a variety like this keeps things interesting and prevents you from getting bored. Their surveys also pay very nicely — nothing outrageous, but better than some of the other legit websites we’ve seen.
We didn’t find any major bugs or downsides to their website. Yes, the minimum payout threshold is a bit high, but the ability to consistently earn can offset this. The fact that you also can’t cash out with gift cards or other rewards is a bummer, but it’s a great upside for those interested in just making money, and have a lot of time to spend answering survey questions.